Wednesday, June 4, 2014

National Running Day

So, I'm still alive. May and June are seriously the busiest months of the year. The amount of end-of-school activities, on top with ball schedules, is enough to make me crazy. I kept putting of writing because I didn't want to just have one post and then more waiting. Looking back, it would've made more sense to just post when I could and move on. I can be a slow learner.

At any rate, the big news for me right now is that I'm planning to run a full marathon in September. I've completed three half-marathons, but never a full. (Yes, I may be insane.) The possible issue with this is that I had fallen off the running bandwagon for a few months. Also? I've gained about 20 pounds. I won't let this deter me, though. Nope. I began training on Monday, while at the same time trying to build up my fitness level again.

Today was day 2. I went for a 4 mile run/walk on my lunch. I prefer to go in the early morning, but had something else to do. I thought about going to the gym to use a treadmill, but it didn't seem too hot so I gave it a shot. I struggled a bit during mile 4, but nothing terrible. (That's probably good, since Saturday I bump up to 5!)

When I got home, I saw on various social networks that today is National Running Day. I'm glad to know that I was able to celebrate such a wonderful occasion.

Any of you runners? Prefer another type of exercise?


No comments:

Post a Comment